How do I get land-line phone service in my dorm room?
Land-line phone service is available in residence halls by request.  The cost is $100 per semester. Service includes inbound calls from on and off campus, outbound calls on-campus only and 800 numbers.

Orders for land-line phone service can be made in the Auxiliary Campus Center, available at or by clicking the 'Campus Center' icon while logged in to the myUMES portal.

Once inside the campus center site, go to the Online Information Technology store and place your order.  An optional, but recommended, next step is to create a help desk request at with the request type of Telephone -> Student and state that you have placed your order on the campus center website.